Thursday, July 22, 2010

Is it bad to use St.ives blackhead and blemish scrub twice a day? ?

I recently started washing my face with St.ives blackhead and blemish scrub twice a day once in morning and once at night. Now I'm breaking out a tad bit more unfortunately. Is it bad to use this twice a day and do you think this is why I'm breaking out now? or is this a product known for making acne worse before it gets better?Is it bad to use St.ives blackhead and blemish scrub twice a day? ?
yes, i think you must be using it too much so that is causing your face to breakout even worse. I recently started using St. Ives about three weeks ago so I have seen how much it helps! I use it just once a day before I go to bed. Also I didn't notice that it made it worse before my face got better.Is it bad to use St.ives blackhead and blemish scrub twice a day? ?
I think you're overdoing it a bit. When you use products that are too harsh or use them too often, your skin may become irritated and protect itself by producing more oil, which makes acne worse. Do the instructions say it should be used daily? Scrubs are usually used once or twice a week as far as I know. Why don't you use a mild cleanser in the morning and the scrub only at night if you want to use it every day, or a couple of times a week.


If your spots are hormone related you may need to seek medical advice though if you don't want them to keep coming back (these are typically spots that are mainly on the chin and jaw line).
If you are breaking out worse, I'd say you need to cut back a bit.





In general, you shouldn't even be using any type of scrub/exfoliation every day. They recommend every other day or as little as once a week. For my skin though, I use the St. Ives Apricot scrub EVERY single day, sometimes more than once if I shower more than once a day. I don't have a problem using it that often. Actually, my skin looks much worse if I don't use it every day. But if your skin is getting worse, you might lighten up a bit.
If you overwash like you are doing, it causes you to break out even more. You are ridding your face of natural oils that moisturize your skin, and this will cause more acne to form. Try washing it only once a day, preferably at night. Use moisturizers that are low in oily content that hydrate your face. DOnt overwash.





God Bless.
  • make up advice
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment